Thursday, December 18, 2008

Introduction

DAPassingTheTorch is a refuge dedicated to the up-and-coming body worker of the day. My best materials, call it gems or pearls of wisdom will be found within this chamber. I hope to eventually cover every possible topic that concerns your professional business.


On the business side, I will cover goal setting, internal and external marketing, cultivating the right attitude, personal and professional development, preventing burnout, time management, running a business, and more.

On the art side, I will help hone your bodywork skills and lead you to an endless array of new ones. I will discuss the mental and physical demands of the business, and help prepare you for a long, successful and satisfying career in the wonderful world of touch therapy.

A major part of this forum will be video clips for your review. I intend to have plenty of free information available, but will also offer streaming video on many different topics and techniques for a nominal charge.

========================

I've learned from seeking out the best bodywork professionals in the field by way of exchanges or getting treatments -- and now it is your turn. It is time for you to catch my torch for I will match your energy and now I am ready to pass on what I've learned. The format here will partly be shaped by you and I encourage an open forum. Bring on any issue or topic that may affect your profession.

After your initial training you must find your mentors in the business. I hope to be part of your journey as you grow your practice and help save some of the hardships that have crossed my path. With almost 30 years in the bodywork and health care professional field and over 20 years teaching bodywork, it's time to slowly ease out and pass on my knowledge to those eager enough to go to the next level. No matter what your specialties are, I'm certain I can be a resource and a sounding board for your professional development. I know I can help and that is why I am here.

I use the phrase passing, because I will never stop growing or teaching in this area because of the love I have for the touch and bodywork field. Now an inner voice is calling me for another deal and I hope to share that with you one day, but will save that discussion for another time.

To give you a little background on myself... my full name is David Allan Orenstein (DAO), but I've always been known as David Allan (DA) ever since I moved out to California from Florida in October of 1978 to further my music career. I thought David Allan was easier as a stage name and it's been with me ever since. Also in this day and age with information so readily available on the Internet, DAO and not DA will match up with my license to practice as a doctor in California.

In 1980 I was in my early twenties and developing my music career. As a young musician I was looking for some extra income and found out about a short reflexology course that was in my area. I first found out about reflexology from an old racquetball buddy named Bernie Cromwell. Bernie would rub his feet before we would play and I couldn't help but ask why he did this. He told me this action helped his aching back and them told me about reflexology. This led me to a book by Mildred Carter which led me to my first reflexology class and the rest is history.

Stay tuned for more on my introduction and then we will get right into it. Remember to hit me with any question or comment regarding the bodywork profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment